3.16.2011

Girl On Girl

*No, it's not that kind of girl on girl...get your minds out of the gutter, ladies!

Over the past couple of weeks, I have had a few conversations with my girlfriends that only confirm what I've felt for awhile: past college, it is dang hard to make new girlfriends.

In my experience, my best post college pals have been colleagues (thank you ADP). Of course, you always make friends through other friends since girls tend to hang out in packs, but I'm talking about real good friends...the kind you would call to go to Target with, the kind you'd go on jogs with, the kind you'd gossip with.

Most friendships, like many romantic relationships, just happen- through a roommate, significant other, work, etc. But what if they don't? For instance, take my friend Stella*--she is single, works alone, and doesn't live in a place that requires neighborly interaction. What does she do to get in that precious gal bonding time in? Obviously, meeting a guy is a different story, but you can't just go up to a girl in bar if you want to make friends!

So where do we make new friends without being creepy? Can you actually make a new friend without sounding like you're hitting on them?

New friends


xo,
L

*name has been changed to protect the innocent

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! As I get older...I feel lucky to have a few very close friends in my life!! I have made new friends at work and such....but nothing like my tried and true girls!!! Good luck making new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha my boyfriend thought the post came off like I have no friends :) I have actually been lucky as well with close girlfriends from high school and college...nothing like the true blue kind of friends!!

    ReplyDelete