3.30.2011

Goat Cheese, Asparagus, and Lemon Pasta

While taking a [quick] break from job searching , I just so happened to stumble onto one of my favorite recipe sites: smitten kitchen. You only have to scroll through her laundry list of delish sounding recipes to start having your mouth water--from apple cheddar scones to sweet corn pancakes to pickled carrot sticks (don't worry, Ross, I'm all over those next!). She even features recipes by seasons- she and my good friend Melissa would get along.

Anyway, my mom and I have been on somewhat of a "health kick"- for us that means eating 100 calorie packs of Hostess cupcakes instead of going to the Susie Cakes and buying the shelf. It means a lot of substituting and not a lot of restraint (it's Weight Watchers, so we have to factor in ev.ery.thi.ng. that goes into a morsel, but with that said it's all about portion control and enjoying the foods you love while still making healthy choices).

via Bon Appetit.com

This pasta looks quite tasty. SK adapted her recipe from Bon Appetit, which always has hits in my book. It's spring-y, colorful, chock full of greens, and contains the healthiest cheese of all (hint: it Bahhh's instead of Mooo's). What's not to love? Measure out your serving of pasta if you want to really be good :)

Enjoy!

xo,
L

3 comments:

  1. *Note: Made this pasta today and it turned out quite nice and fresh. A little minty though--next time I may try rosemary or basil in place of the tarragon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yiami yiamiiiii...i love your blog.concrats!!!
    Follow us and we would love to follow you too..Keep blogging honey!!!
    yours fashionably,
    http://modeliciousbites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delish! I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete