5.13.2011

Ono Sushi

Ono? Oh yes.

Ono Sushi, one of San Diego's premier Japanese eateries, wowed me Tuesday night with their service (some of the friendliest staff I've encountered), soup (on the house!), and most importantly, their sushi. Their hand rolls are nothing short of artwork (just take a peek at the Munchi roll to know what I mean). Emily, my good friend and sushi fiend says it is her favorite spot in all of San Diego. Although I'm not the biggest raw fish fanatic, I do love a basic and tasty shrimp tempura, avocado, and cream cheese roll. And boy, did they know how to do it right. Nice and compact (no avocado rolling out of the sides), and perfectly bite sized. That, paired with a little low-sodium soy sauce and I was in sushi heaven.


See what I mean? You could put this in a museum!

The best part about Ono are their Daily Specials and Tuesday evening's was no exception. Half-price select specialty rolls every Tuesday night, including the fancy Triple Fantasy Roll (Spicy Tuna Outside, Tempura Shrimp & Crab Inside), and the popular Crunchy Roll (Tempura Conch, Crab, Sweet Sauce & Pepper Flakes), as well as a 12-7 happy hour every Saturday and Sunday, are reason enough to make this Hillcrest eatery a regular haunt.

The only question that remains is why we opted out of dessert. Tempura Fried Bananas, anyone?


xo,
L

1 comment:

  1. I wished I lived closer....my mouth is watering...and yes to fried bananas!!! You should be a food critic!!

    ReplyDelete