1.20.2011

Let's see if this really happens...

More times than I'd care to admit, I've felt that refreshing optimism and clicked "Create A New Blog" button on Blogger. After my travels through Asia ceased in December- see Postcards from Lindsay- my online presence ceased with it (save Facebook). Maybe it's for a vain reason to want something out there that is just mine, my own creative space, my own place to showcase whatever the hell I want to. Or maybe, there's a part of me that just wants to be like them.

You know who I'm talking about. Those girls. The ones with the pristine layouts, crisp fonts & photos, 1000+ followers, with their glossy long hair, model bodies, and designer everything. Their content is what every 20-40 year old wants to see: pretty outfits, lovely how-to's, and even some Martha Stewart baked goods...and all the photos are taken with their own brand new Nikon or Canon! Nothing but original, beautiful art that makes me give a large sigh and keep dreaming.

So I ponder...why couldn't I be more like that? If that's what I admire, what I seek to be, then I could do that. But, I think it boils down to one thing: I'm too lazy for that.

I'll keep this piece of blogging real estate, post what I want (jewelry findings, recipe testings, the occasional French bulldog puppy, etc.) and try and be happy with that. Because who needs oodles of followers and no "real job" besides blogging? Pshhh, not me...For now.

xo,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment