1.24.2011

Next up: Seattle!

After a 4 month traveler's high, the words "back to reality" start to have a much deeper meaning. Luckily, I've had a lot of time to get acclimated at home in San Diego before the real job search starts (i.e. this week). Even though I'll be starting a new job in the upcoming months, I have made a deal with myself. The traveling is not finished for this year

One of my goals of 2011 is to spend more time traveling within my own country's borders. For someone who has traveled throughout Asia and Europe, it's a little disappointing to me that the only other state I've spent a decent chunk of time in is Las Vegas Nevada.

In addition, I:
  • have only spent 24 hours in NYC
  • have never been to the Grand Canyon
  • haven't line danced in Nashville
  • haven't hit up the big cities of Chicago, Boston
  • am fiending for the culture of New Orleans and Charleston
Basically, I want to go everywhere! One place I finally get to cross off my travel bucket list is Seattle! This coming weekend, one of my favorite girls in the world [Colette] is taking me to her hometown and showing me around the Emerald City.


According to Travel + Leisure's "America's Favorite Cities 2010", Seattle ranks high in intelligent & athletic residents, is one of the most environmentally conscious cities around, and has a great beer and live music scene. Sounds like a city I should be spending some time in. And we all know Seattle is known for (a lot of) rain, so keep your fingers crossed we won't get showered on!

xo,
L

3 comments:

  1. You're coming to Seattle?! We should do brunch or lunch or something one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Can't wait! (Even though rain is in the forecast all weekend!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys *have* to put Jazz Fest in NOLA on your travel list! K & I try to go every year, and it's a cultural/foodie/music junkie heaven! See you there...

    ReplyDelete