2.18.2011

Rainbow Brite

I'm not one of those people who loves the rain. I do, however, enjoy rainy day activities (ie: games and reading). It is also kind of nice to not feel guilty for staying in on a Friday night to catch up on episodes of The Office and Modern Family. The one other thing I always try to look for after the rain is a rainbow (cheesy, I know). So, if this weekend is too grey and gloomy for you, and there's no real rainbow in sight, look to these six colorful things for a rainy day pick-me-up.

Paula Deen and cake recipes can do no wrong in my book. Get your umbrella, head to Albertson's to stock up on the essentials needed for this tasty treat, and get to baking! (This recipe yields 16-20 servings, so save some for family dinner on Sunday night.)

ORANGE: Orange and white home decor
I adore the look of fresh, crisp, orange pared with a neutral such as white or grey. Nothing says Spring quite like bright hues. For my next office, I want this look...It's such a refreshing space to complete your most un-creative tasks (ie: work reports or bill paying).


YELLOW: Lemons as a centerpiece
I have always loved the look of fruit in a clear vase as a bold, yet simple centerpiece on a kitchen table. Not only do lemons have a shelf life of 2 weeks, but their bright hue is a beautiful statement that doesn't command too much attention- your spaghetti and meatballs should take front runner there.


GREEN: Longchamp Bag
Ahh...I love you, Longchamp. So nice for everyday (I wear my black one literally anywhere and everywhere) but is also stylish to wear out at night. I also adore green bags more than any other bright color because they punch up any outfit much more than your basic black or camel, but don't scream "LOOK AT ME!" like some other hues.


BLUE: Victoria's Secret, The Lacie thong in Matisse Blue
Since these are the only type of undies I wear (ultra stretchy+comfy+still sexy) I'm figuring it's time to add a new pair to the drawer. A girl can never have too many pretty underthings, right?

This purple polish will take you right through these last dull days of winter and right through to a sunnier spring. (Click above to get it on Amazon for only $4!) Pretty and thrifty.
I hope everyone enjoys their weekend- if it's sunny where you are then relish it! If not, enjoy your red velvet cake under a blanket.



xo,
L

2 comments:

  1. I feel better after reading this...life seems lighter! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. And I love your overuse of the word "hue". xoxo

    ReplyDelete