2.07.2011

Sushi, Shelter Island, and Superbowl...

What a busy (& happy) weekend it was...It started out with sushi with the boys at Umai Sushi in San Marcos. They have a plethora of rolls, and the best part about the joint is they make custom rolls. For someone like me who is still a sushi beginner, that's all it takes to win my approval. The boys (Ross, Tait, and Eric) shared about 10 different rolls, a few of which were the: Pizza Roll, Rainbow Roll, and Tiger Roll. I customized my not-so-scary shrimp tempura, cream cheese, avocado, and soy wrap roll. I think they threw some crab in there but considering I didn't notice until I was halfway done with my plate, it must have been tasty!

Saturday was spent at Shelter Island in Point Loma with the whole family. It was perfect weather for a day by the water. I made my famous berry salad with strawberries, blackberries, cranberries, almonds, onion, and bleu cheese drizzled with a raspberry vinaigrette and convinced people it was healthy.
It looks prettier pre-tossed :)
Aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, and a couple friendly dogs gathered here for a lovely barbeque, time out on my pop's boat, and to witness an epic ripstick fail. Ask me about that one.



Finally, yesterday's Superbowl festivities concluded the weekend. Some highlights: playing Thirteen in the park, finding out Brett Swain of the Packers played sports with my boyfriend growing up, eating delish homemade guac and carne asada tacos, the Volkswagon Passat commercial with little Darth Vader, my Feta, Artichoke, and Roasted Red Pepper dip (photo below), and of course, the National Anthem (it always gives me chills even if Christina did flub the lyrics!).

Recipe & photo from allrecipes.com.

Happy Monday!

xo,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment