3.21.2011

Colorado Belles

I have been very fortunate to travel so much in the past eight months...Since I knew I wouldn't be getting back to Thailand anytime in 2011, I made it one of my goals this year to travel as much as I could domestically. I told myself if I had the money and time available, why not? There are too many places in this world I want to see and discover, and you never know when another opportunity will arise.

A couple weeks ago, Emily & I were lucky enough to stay with our friend from our Theta days, Emily,  just outside of Denver, CO. The beautiful Castle Pines neighborhood, never ending views of the snow capped Rockies, and amiable residents were enough to make me want to stay longer than the quick three days we were there. The brick downtown area was charming- even the best bars played a little country music- and the kind of place you look forward to haunting every Friday night (even if it is freezing outside).

View of the LoDo area of Denver (courtesy of BonjourColorado.com)

Boulder was even more my scene- the college area was just gorgeous set among the mountains & Pearl Street was a promenade oozing charm. We delighted in some authentic Nepalise/Indian fare at Sherpa's, wandered into the many shops, and planned our next trip back.

Next up on the travel radar? Uber-cultural New Orleans with Stephanie tomorrow! The only thing I am able to conjure in my head when I think of this famous bayou city is the town at Disneyland (note: just Googled it, and apparently it's called New Orleans Square--who woulda thought?) where the Haunted Mansion & Pirates of the Caribbean are located. I can only hope the real thing has streets filled with 19th century architecture, mansions overgrown with foliage, quaint shops and restaurants, and Jack Sparrow to show us around. Can't wait to try some authentic Creole dishes, practice my voodoo, and take in the lush Southern mansions next week.



(photo: trekexchange.com)

Can you tell which is Disneyland and which is the real French Quarter? Follow (and Like!) me on Facebook and find out...

xo,
L

1 comment:

  1. if you had to have your passport stamped in the U.S. - you'd need another book by now! love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete