3.04.2011

Things Olive Right Now

1. Luck of the Irish bottles- How crafty and fun are these St. Pattie's Day elixir bottles? They are the perfect decoration for a St. Patrick's Day gathering- even better if you fill them with a green concoction to get your guests feeling lucky!
















 
     2. LivingSocial. I have to give major props to this company...They have deals both in North County San Diego and further south (as well as all over the country) and I probably purchase one deal a week. I'm thinking I should start buying stock in this Washington, DC based company...

3. Battambang Bracelets.
These handwoven bracelets hail from the villages of rural Cambodia. Help support local artisans by purchasing though L-Atitude...Though they're a pretty penny for such simple bracelets ($35 for a stack), if 1/10 of that goes to the craftsmen their family will feast for a week!

4. Neutral Stripes.
I've been living in my navy&white relaxed fit tee and gray&white thin-striped dress with chestnut wrap belt (both from Target-I love a bargain!). Gray or navy paired with white is the perfect base for adding a pop of color. The only thing to be careful with is the size of the stripes- if they are large & horizontal, take a photo of yourself in the item before saying "I do."

5. Fabric Headbands.
Since traveling in Laos, and admiring Faye's adorable fabric headbands (with wire inside) I had been trying to get my hands on one. Unfortunately, that day did not come until recently when I found one at H&M. They are the perfect accessory for days you want to spruce things up, or if you just haven't washed your hair in a day or two. Click the link to learn how to DIY. I love this sweet polka dot one.



Now I'm off to Denver and Boulder until Monday. What are your favorite things to do in Colorado? Have a wonderful weekend!

P.S. Please follow [olive ewe] on Facebook and olive ewe forever (thanks Meg)!

xo,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment