4.29.2011

Things Olive Right Now

1. Princess Kate Middleton's wedding dress.
First, I must preface this with the fact that I am not one to follow William and Kate's every move. Yes, I was interested in the dress this morning but that's about it. Well, the dress is indeed amazing. Classy, of course, but with enough lace to make Wills' heart race.
Do you think that little girl loves all that noise down below?

2. Spinach, Chicken, Avocado, Sliced Almond, Onion, Green Apple Salad
Pair this with either the Champagne Pear Vinaigrette from Trader Joe's or any other fruity, light vinaigrette and prepare to have your taste buds wowed. Although lots of chopping is involved, it is a simple salad to put together. Plus, it's chock full of everything healthy. What's not to love?

3. Mom
Trying to plan something special (and inexpensive) for Mother's Day is no easy task. (Don't worry, Mom, do you really think I'd spoil your surprise on here?)  :) Today, I'm thinking of her and everything she does for me. For all that you do for me, thank you. Get ready for a Sunday Fun-day like no other next weekend!

Mom and me in Santa Barbara

4. The Maxi Dress
Seen here, on the always camera-ready Emily of Cupcakes & Cashmere, is a lavender frock by Urban Outfitters that is begging to be hanging in my closet by next week. The opacity of the dress, paired with tan wedges makes it the perfect one piece ensemble for Spring. Throw on some gold, flirty earrings and you're set for anything from a brunch date to a shopping trip with the girls.


I had to save the best for last. Tomorrow morning, Emily and I are packing our (overnight) bags filled with nothing but boots (ok, maybe a pair of sandals too), sundresses, and sunscreen and heading out West  East. for two days of the hot sun, friends, and country music galore. The lineup this year? Rascal Flatts, Darius Rucker, Kenny Chesney, and Carrie Underwood just to name a few. Oh, and Josh Turner too (swoon).

No comments:

Post a Comment