9.16.2011

Empirehouse

One of the many perks that come with working for bloomspot is that the higher ups like to incentivize we salespeople with bloombucks bloom rewards. I like to use these bloom rewards for a facial or massage here or there, a yoga membership, etc. However, the features I am always drawn to are the restaurant ones. As a self-proclaimed foodie, (but really, who isn't? Do you not like food?) I love me some $39 three course meals including vino technically for free.



 I must say that my favorite experience thus far is with Empirehouse, Hillcrest's little house-turned-bistro that is apparently breaking a famous curse on University. Ross and I started with the sausage bread- warm, doughy french bread stuffed with cheese, spices, and you guessed it- sausage. It was heaven. We decided we will probably go back one day just to get the entire loaf and a couple beers.

As we sipped on our bottle of Carmel Road Pinot Noir- yummy, smooth, and a little fruity- we chatted it up with Susie, the friendliest human/restauranteur ever who knows how to craft a burger (read on). Our server, Farrah was equally as awesome. Basically, I fell in love with the staff over there. Susie- if you're reading this, I want to be friends with you.

We noshed on the Susie Burger (blue cheese, mashed avo, tomato perfection) and nibbled on a couple tacos-pulled pork (for me) and ahi (for Ross). Somehow, we still made room for freshly baked brownies (FOUR of them) and delicious vanilla gelato. Mind you, we had also finished the entire bottle of Pinot at this point.

We walked away with happy hearts and full bellies. As Ross said as we walked away, "That is how you run a business."

Empirehouse, you ROCK.

xo,
L


*img courtesy of: cities2night.com

No comments:

Post a Comment