9.27.2011

4510

Four little numbers that are going to mean a lot to us for awhile. 

While it hasn't quite hit me in the "I have a new apartment!!!" way, I am getting so excited to move in somewhere new this weekend- in Kensington. From the moment Ross and I drove through this gem of a neighborhood, and better yet, when we saw the place, we knew it was it. The apartment was the one.




It hit us like they say love does...when you least expect it. And boy, were we not expecting it. We were "just looking" and didn't want to/weren't ready to move until November. Sorry. Move in day is October 1. Ok we'll take it!

Yes, it's that awesome.

Can't wait to post photos of the dishwasher (!!!), washer/dryer (!! even though it's downstairs), and dark mahogony wood floors (ahhh..)...It boasts two bedrooms so if any of our friends are contemplating a place to sleep, the answer is YES. 

Although I will miss my mom's cooking (love you Mama), free rent, and so many other luxuries of living with the 'rents, I must say it feels heavenly to look forward to having our own place again. Bussing/cabbing to the Gaslamp, biking most everywhere, and best of all having a million and one restaurants at our disposal--it is going to be fan-freaking-tastic. So, farewell Escondido- it's been real. Can't wait to see what Kensington has to offer: Kensington Grill, Blue Boheme, and Ken Club are known faves...I'll keep you all posted on Ross and my journey in mid-town.

Until then...
xo,
L

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited for you and to get to see the apt today, but at the same time- SO sad to see you go : ( boo-hoo.... Oh well, I guess it will be a good excuse for me to get out of north county once in a while and come down to see what it's like to live in "real" san diego : ) I love you!Mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you and Ross!! Love that the town is called Kensington too! Have fun decorating!

    ReplyDelete